The VAS 6154B is the most recent interface for the diagnostic and programming applications VAG ODIS. This device replaces the VAS 6154A and it is the modern alternative to VAS6154 and VAS 5054A.
This interface can be used with all VW, VW Commercial, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, and Lamborghini vehicles dated 2000 and onwards. This includes both new models as well as future vehicles. A genuine dealer diagnostics interface tool and a great addition to your workshop, available for Off-board Diagnostic Information Service from version 3.0.3 onward.
- Enables data transfer from the vehicle’s interface to the diagnosis equipment.
- Flexibility. A USB can be used if preferred over a wireless connection. This also ensures a reliable wired data transmission to the diagnosis unit.
- Infrastructure mode. Numerous network-capable devices can be linked together (network subscribers).
- Please note, that you’ll require a WLAN access point for wireless network connectivity. This access point forms the connection to WLAN-ready subscribers.
- Point-to-point connection (via a wireless connection). This enables you to create a radio network and take on the role of a radio access point (Access Point). An immediate connection is made between the diagnosis unit and the diagnosis interface.
What changed from the VAS 6154A?
There are two differences between the VAS6154A and the new VAS6154B:
- The Base Station (VAS 6154/2) is no longer included with the kit.
- The 7-pin Fischer cable has been replaced with a 9-pin cable, only currently supported by the Getac S410 (VAS6150F)
VW does not currently provide an adapter for 9-pin Fischer to USB. It’s highly recommended to purchase a USB module cable (VAS6154/12), we also offer 3D-printed alternatives.
The software utilized is the ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic Information System software). This provides you with an interface that complies with SAE J2534. The program allows you to diagnose and program modules on all Volkswagen Commercial vehicles, including the brands Audi, Skoda, Seat, Bentley, and Lamborghini (with appropriate ORG ID and SecurID Token with Time-based Subscription). Also, during the vehicle diagnosis process, you can obtain information on vehicle data, repair manuals, circuit diagrams, field actions, and technical product information.
Please note, that this data is only accessible in the diagnostic software during an active (chargeable) time-based diagnostic session. Diagnostic and programming costs for VW and Audi can be purchased hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
- A valid registration (ORG ID) VW UK to use ODIS (this is required to set up your laptop)
- A legitimate company registration
- A suitable laptop or PC with an internet connection, the VAG VAS 6160 (Panasonic CF-D1) is a perfect choice
What’s in the Box?
- Diagnostic Interface (VAS 6154A/1)
- USB Module Cable (VAS 6154/4B), 9-Pin Fischer cable.
- WLAN Module (VAS 6154/5), Wireless connection adapter.
- Identification plate (VAS 6154/6)
- Storage case
- Paper quick start guide, four languages (English, French, German and Spanish)
All VW Audi Skoda Seat vehicles from 2000 onward including NEW & FUTURE MODELS.
Also, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Bentley vehicles are supported.