BMW & MINI Cooper Apple CarPlay Activation and FSC Coding Scripts by USB
Full-Screen Firmware iLevel 20-07
Activate BMW & MINI Cooper Apple Carplay, Video in Motion, Screen Mirroring
(Apple Carplay Full-Screen support demand iLevel version 18-03 and Newer, and Mini Cooper does not support full-screen Carplay.)
How to check if your BMW with which iLevel?
Please take a photo of your iDrive to me.
- Map version on menu : Go to Navigation -> Press Options button -> Select Navigation settings -> Scroll down to Position and version -> Select version information
- iDrive firmware version: on menu : Go to My Vehicles -> iDrive setting -> Software update -> Show current
Procedures to activate by USB
- Copy provided UPD BIN file onto an available blank USB flash memory stick with the FAT32 file system. The recommended flash drive capacity is 2 or 4 or 8 GB.
- Turn ignition on or start the engine of your car and plug the USB flash drive into the USB port in the glove box/center console.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and then unplug the USB flash drive.
- Reboot the iDrive system via press and hold the rotary volume button until 15-20 seconds. Alternatively, lock the car for 10 minutes or use tool32 from EDIABAS with nbtevo.prg, job STEUERGERAETE_RESET.
- The unit will start to boot, show “BMW ConnectedDrive” on the screen, and automatically reboot several times. Do not interrupt the process.
- For ID4 unit: All FSC codes will be installed except for Map Code – enter Map code with iDrive or place on the blank USB drive in a folder named FSC.
- For ID5 unit: If iDrive asks for an activation code, you can update it by creating a new folder named FSC in the root of the blank USB drive and copying the included .fsc file into it. Plug the USB drive into the USB socket and start the update.
- Enjoy your new features.
Q: Will this CarPlay Activated work with wireless?
A: Yes possible but for these head units without wireless antenna would be demanded to add an antenna to the head unit.
Q: Is this CarPlay feature original from the factory?
Q: Does this tool still need to work with BMW Esys Tool?
A: Nope. Our tool works alone.
Q: Will these feature activation affect my factory warranty?
A: Nope it won’t.
Q: Is this activation a lifetime?
A: Yes if you didn’t flash the head unit firmware; No if you flashed the firmware upgrade then you have to enable the features again.
Q: Will this tool work with MGU Head Unit?
What comes next?
Double verification before we start.
1. send us your VIN(Vehicle Identification No.)
2. send us a picture of your BMW Navigation System Main menu picture.
100% Customers’ Satisfaction Guarantee.