The Unichip Mini CIC Apple Carplay Smartbox will compatible work with OEM mini-cooper CIC heard unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display, but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this mini-cooper CIC proxy Apple CarPlay kit:
- It’s plug and play, no special coding nor activations demanded.
- Enjoy iDrive control, and steering wheel buttons control when you’re driving
- Mini-cooper original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- Wired / wireless CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support a USB power supply for charging smartphones.
How to identify your mini-cooper CIC Navigation?
Maps are easily upgradeable by swapping out the Navigation USB database thumb and letting the car power down completely from standby.
Car Models to be supported
- Mini Cooper R55 / R56 / R57 One / Cooper / S / D models (2006 – 2015)
How to Remove the mini-cooper NBT Head Unit?
Before you remove your Mini CIC head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (it’s always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull them out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
Q: will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto development team, upgrade via USB plug and play.
Q: will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
Q: will this kit support wireless CarPlay?
A: no it won’t, we are going to release our wireless CarPlay kit but this kit only with wire connection via USB port.
Before your determination to place the orders:
1. Unichip Smartauto is serving global wide, in case your Mini CIC CarPlay have some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
2. All the time you Must use an Apple-certified OEM USB cable to connect.
before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your Mini CIC system or send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.