The Unichip CCC Carplay smart box will compatible work with OEM BMW CCC heard unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this BMW CCC proxy Apple CarPlay kit:
- It’s plug and play, no special coding nor activations demanded.
- enjoy iDrive control, steering wheel buttons control when you’re driving
- BMW original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- Wired / wireless CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support a USB power supply for charging smartphones.
How to identify your BMW CCC Navigation?
Maps are easily upgradeable by swapping out the Navigation DVD and letting the car power down completely from standby. This unit, however, is not powerful enough to enable the DVD in motion option and cannot playback video DVDs. If you have a menu on iDrive which stays in the center of the menu, you have the CCC Navigation. the CCC Carplay system we have been tested was 6.5″ and 8.8″ screen display, and the resolution type was 400*240 or 640*240.
Car Models to be supported
1-Series E81/E82/E87/E88 06/2004 Ð 09/2008
3-Series E90/E91/E92/E93 03/2005 Ð 09/2008
5-Series E60/E61 12/2003 Ð 11/2008
6-Series E63/E64 12/2003 Ð 11/2008
X5 Series E70 03/2007 Ð 10/2009
X6 E72 05/2008 Ð 10/2009
How to Remove the BMW CCC Head Unit?
Before you remove your CCC head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (itÕs always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull them out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
Q: will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto development team, upgrade via USB plug and play.
Q: will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
Q: will this kit support wireless CarPlay?
A: yes, supported.
Before your determination to place the orders:
1. Unichip Smartauto is serving global wide, in case your CCC CarPlay have some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
2. All the time you Must use an Apple-certified OEM USB cable to connect.
before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your CCC system or simply send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.