Campaign for Taycan Remote Service Campaign Support is reviewing and updating the software for the power electronics and the engine control unit on approximately 43,000 Taycan and Taycan Cross Turismo vehicles from the 2020 to 2021 model years. According to the reports from Taycan owners claiming a sudden and unexpected loss of power the system needs an update to fix the sudden power loss issue with the PIWIS3 Tester. With the affected vehicles, there is a possibility that in certain instances a shutdown of the power train, resulting in loss of motive power, may be triggered incorrectly and sporadically. A software update will be installed in the workshop. The issue has already been remedied in the ongoing series. Owners of the affected vehicles can continue to use them and the software update will take about 1-4 hours depending on the systems to be updated with the service campaign.
Before the Remote PPN Support
Before you order this Campaign for Taycan Service Campaign Support, please ensure you have the below tools available:
- Tester PIWIS3 Original System support PPN Online (system with admin access) – Must Have
- Power supply for ECU programming – MUST Have
- In case you have exchanged any spare parts correlated with this campaign job, please let us know previously.
WLD0 replacement of high voltage cable between the high voltage distributor and the electrical box WLE3 replacing the onboard power supply battery 12 volt WLG2 Software update of various ECUs WHL5 checks the connection of the water drain hose and corrects if necessary. Much bigger job than they had planned for and here is a picture of the status this evening after two days in the workshop. Some great power cable alright! WLG2 – Updating Software for Various Control Units WLE3 relating to the 12v battery. They said this wasn’t relevant. WLD0 relating to the high voltage cable. They said a campaign WLB0 had been completed on the car in June 2020 so that looks to have been a typo on my part. WLF2 relating to seat belt receivers. They said this wasn’t relevant. WLH5 relating to a drain plug adjustment. They said this was relevant and carried out the work. WLG6 relating to improvements for home charging. They said this was relevant and carried out the work. They noted that various control unit software updates were also carried out. They said the replacement of the 12v battery 9J1 915 105 EY with V04 015 001 BA wasn’t relevant.
High-voltage power electronics, front and rear 0007 Control unit for high-voltage charger (OBC) 1079 High-voltage battery control unit (BMCe) E870 HV voltage converter 0899 Brake booster (electric brake booster) 0100 High-voltage DC charger (booster) 0990 Engine electronics (DME) 0005 Brake electronics (PSM) 0094 Driver’s seat and passenger’s seat adjustment 0064 Assistance systems (zFAS) 0355 Software Updates VR8.6 & VR8.7(marked below with *):
Navigation and infotainment:
Communication Management (PCM) – Quick Filter “Charging stations” is permanently visible in the PCM in order to select charging stations as a destination – Last destinations and favorites, such as “Home” and “Work”, remain stored – Saved satellite map settings are optimized – Registration via ID is improved
- Assistance systems – The functionality of Park Distance Control (PDC) is optimized and sporadic system failures that currently occur are corrected. *
- Charging – A new charging cable with a cable length of 7.5 meters can also be used in the future – The charge state calculation is optimized and thus any limited system shutdowns are avoided. – At-home charging is improved. Any premature disruption of the charging process is prevented * – The calculation of the battery capacity is optimized further *
- Chassis and driving comfort – The lift function will be improved. The set vehicle level will not be lost after a restart – Software optimizations will improve the functionality of the Stability Management (PSM) when driving downhill or in stop-and-go mode.
- Comfort – In the future, when using a guest profile, the seat and ergonomics positions will be saved and will not be lost after a restart
- Assistance systems – The functionality of Park Distance Control (PDC) will be optimized and the sporadically occurring system failure currently being experienced will be eliminated Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster) with the 16.8-inch curved display – Improvement in the driving experience thanks to several software optimizations that prevent the sporadically occurring display of various messages.
- Air conditioning – The functionality of the air conditioning is optimized: Temperature settings in the rear air-conditioning control panel thus remain constant and sporadic failures of the air conditioning are correct
- Chassis and driving comfort – The starting comfort at full acceleration is optimized – Possible chassis noises from the front axle area are reduced – The lift function is improved. The set vehicle height is not lost after a restart * – Software optimizations improve the functionality of the Stability Management (PSM) when driving downhill or during stop-and-go driving *
- Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster) – Various software optimizations prevent the sporadic, short-lived display of various messages and thus improve the driving experience *
- Seat adjustment – On vehicles in non-Connect markets, the chosen seat memory settings of the driver’s seat will now also be preserved after the driving readiness is complete – In the future, when using a guest profile, seat and ergonomic positions will be stored and will not be lost after a restart.