Xentry KIT 4 FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, It is.
Yes the system support official Mercedes SCN online coding.
The 1st-year SCN online free, the 2nd 3rd 4th-year SCN online ONLY possible with the annual subscription.
The KIT4 comes with an official Xentry license. So everything will be online download and upgrade.
Yes, you can.
For the order you need to submit:
1. Full Payment
2. The Passport picture of the KIT 4 user for future Mercedes facial recognition assistance via webcam tool.
The order processing lead time will be 40-45 working days after payment confirmed.
Yes You Can.
After control unit programming, SCN encoding runs automatically (if permitted by the control unit), as does redocumentation in the Vehicle Documentation System VeDoc.
All changes to the vehicle and the control unit software are updated on the VeDoc vehicle data card.
After users have signed in to an After-Sales application (e.g. XENTRY Flash, WIS net etc.) once, they no longer have to sign on for the central online systems. However, for security reasons, the user is signed out from the online systems after one hour of inactivity.
- The device concept was retained as with XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 3. XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 has undergone a fundamental change.
- The WiFi connection between XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 and the VCI is no longer established with two WiFi sticks, XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 now comes with a second WLAN card. This ensures a stable connection over lengthy distances.
- XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 is equipped with a 13.3 inch, multitouch, full HD display with a brightness of 400 nits, four USB type A 3.0 ports, and one USB type C port
- Fundamentally new features are the 13.3 inches, multitouch, full HD display,
- a second WLAN card has also been installed, which ensures a stable connection over long distances between the XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 and the VCI.
NOPE, you can't.
The following variants can be ordered:
- XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 4 (consisting of XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 and XENTRY Diagnosis VCI)
- XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 4 Scope (including XENTRY Scope measurement technology).
- You can also order XENTRY Scope separately.
From the end of 2019 onwards, XENTRY diagnostic systems have been updated online only using the XENTRY Update Service.
Add-ons are automatically loaded on your XENTRY Diagnosis Pad and update your system.
The prerequisite is that XENTRY Diagnosis Pad is connected to the Internet.
Please note that all add-ons should always be installed on XENTRY Diagnosis Pad
The initial scope of delivery includes the following:
- XENTRY Diagnosis Pad 2 with power supply unit including power supply plug,
- XENTRY Diagnosis VCI
- USB connection cable (5 m)
- OBD cable (16-pin)
- user information, and safety information.
Please note that the cable adapter is no longer included in the standard scope of supply and it can be ordered individually, as required.
There are two ways of doing so:
- WLAN connection: As usual you can set up a direct connection per WLAN. Coupling must be performed for this. This should take place either during initial commissioning through ConfigAssist or later on in the VCI Manager.
- Cable connection: via the supplied USB connection cable.
WPA2 (recommended) and WPA