GM MDI2 Multiplexer Diagnostic Interface with Wifi Card Bosch MTS 6531 VCI.
GM MDI2 Multiplexer Diagnostic Interface with Wifi Card without USB dongle
The GM MDI 2 is the next-generation Global Diagnostic Interface tool for both current and future GM vehicles. It replaces the MDI introduced in 2007 and offers a compact communication module with increased processing power and security to offer a faster transfer of data between a vehicle’s onboard ECU network with an auxiliary CAN bus GM MDI 2
The Multiple Diagnostic Interface 2 (MDI 2) is used by professional technicians as an aid in diagnosing and repairing automotive electrical and electronic systems.
The MDI 2 is designed to connect the vehicle to a host PC computer application, which then functions through the MDI 2 for data transfer and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reprogramming. The newest pc-based GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI 2) offers increased processing power, security, and faster programming speeds on Global A and future Global B vehicles. The MDI 2 supports diagnostic applications: GDS 2, Data Bus Diagnostic Tool, and Tech2Win. It also supports Pass-Thru programming applications: TIS2Web–SPS. It replaces the first generation MDI, introduced in 2007, for Pass-Thru programming on current GM models. The MDI 2 is backward compatible, so it can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 by means of the J1962 connector using a DLC cable. The connection between the MDI 2 and the PC can be accomplished via standalone (USB) and the dealership network (CAT5).
GM MDI 2 Features:
- Uses a new, more secure Type B connector and Ground Offset Failure protection. A wired connection is recommended for longer programming events.
- The MDI 2 is powered from the vehicle battery via the DLC Cable. It may also be powered over USB to perform firmware updates only using a PC.
- Uses USB 2.0 for faster firmware downloads instead of a separate AC power supply.
- The DLC cable is twice as long as the previous cable and connects at the top, making it easier to use. The cable only connects to the MDI 2.
GM MDI 2 Functions List
- Automatic vehicle recognition
- DTC reading and removal
- Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
- Recordable/playback of live data
- New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
- Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, airbag, fuel pumps, etc.,)
- Programming new keys
- Setting/removing speed limiters
- J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
- More dealer-specific functions
GM MDI 2 Package List:
- 1pc x GM MDI2 VCI
- 1pc x DLC Cable SAE J1962
- 1pc x 10-ft. USB A to USB B Cable
- 2pcs x USB WLAN adapter
- 1pc User manual
- 1pc package box