BMW ECU Validation Service MGU ATM2 Dkombi4 Order Per VIN and import by ISTA BMW or by Esys
With the introduction of the new Headunit HU-H3 (MGU Media Graphics Unit), we have a new way protection mechanism against tampering.
If one or more of the following components MGU, TCB Telematic Communication Box (ATM-02), RSE Rear Seat Entertainment, or KOMBISP18 instrument cluster needs to be replaced the secure connection between them must be re-established. In order to re-establish the connection, an electronic certificate must be created from the BMW backend and imported into the Vehicle.
How to apply the ECU Validation certificates?
- Leave us the VIN Vehicle Identification No. when order
- In 30mins to 2 working hours, we will send you the file via Email
- Remote support is available as per request or you can follow the below steps by ISTA BMW to import the certificates.
Modules require ECU validation after replacement
- MGU iDrive 7
- ATM2 TCB Telematic Communication Box (ATM-02)
- RSE Rear Seat Entertainment
- Dkombi4 KOMBISP18 instrument cluster
Step-by-Step Guidance for BMW ECU Validation Service By ISTA BMW
- Go to “vehicle management” => “Control unit exchange”
- Select the exchanged control unit in the “After ” tab and then calculate the measures plan. Then ISTA will automatically include the control unit validation in the measures plan.
- If ISTA cannot carry out automatic validation, a warning about the absence of control unit validation is displayed.
- By clicking on the “Next” button, ISTA generates the required ValidationRequest_VIN_xxx.json file and opens a file dialogue to save it. The file needs to be stored and uploaded via DCSnet later.
- ISTA displays a note confirming that the file was successfully saved. At this point, you can exit the process using the “Cancel” button. After processing the measures plan, the session can be closed.
- Open DCSnet and select “ECU Validation Service” under “Service”. You can order the ECU validation service through us per VIN.
If the ECU Validation Service Menu is not showing up, please check your Access Roles in DEMS. If the ECU validation Service Role is missing, please contact your DEMS Administrator for getting access to it.
- Upload the previously generated and downloaded ValidationRequest_VIN17_xxx.json file
- The System checks the file, and after a few seconds, a new
ValidationRequest_VIN17_xxx_response.json file will be offered for downloading. This is
subsequently required by ISTA. Start a new ISTA session
- In order to import the JSON file, select “ECU Validation” in the “Additional Software” tab.
- In order to import the validated file, select “Import control unit validation file manually” and confirm with “OK”.
- Select the file ValidationRequest_VIN17_xxx_response.json in the file dialogue and confirm with “Continue”. (the file will be supplied by us if you ordered the ECU Validation Service from team autosvs.com)
- The file is written into the vehicle and checked.
Ecu validation service Summary:
With the introduction of the new Headunit HU-H3 (MGU Media Graphics Unit), there is a new protection mechanism against tampering. If one or more of the following components needs to be replaced, the secure connection between them must be re-established:
- MGU TCB Telematic Communication Box (ATM-02);
- RSE Rear Seat Entertainment;
- KOMBISP18 instrument cluster.