Diagnostic systems for standard-PC
A special diagnosis solution for standard PCs that is intended exclusively for independent market participants: XENTRY Pass Thru . To operate this variant of XENTRY Diagnosis, it is not necessary to have XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 3 / 4 hardware or a XENTRY Diagnosis VCI.
Scope of functionality and diagnosis in XENTRY Pass Thru:
- Nearly the complete diagnostic scope (quick test, basic diagnosis, flashing & coding control units, reading/deleting fault memories, guided and functional diagnosis, DAS4 services) with the exception of technical restrictions due to the Pass Thru devices:
- Only single-channel quick test and functional diagnosis (therefore longer runtime)
- Basic diagnosis only in XENTRY Diagnosis
- Diagnosis over IP (Ethernet) “DoIP” available if Pass Thru device supports DoIP, otherwise no Flashing of Headunit and Instrument Cluster for model series starting with facelift 213, 223
- All passenger car model series certified to Euro 5 and 6 (Mercedes-Benz and smart) by Diagnosis over CAN (please see note above regarding DoIP)
- All van model series certified to Euro 5 and 6 (Mercedes-Benz) by Diagnosis over CAN (please see note above regarding DoIP)
- All commercial vehicle model series certified to Euro VI (Mercedes-Benz and EvoBus brands) by Diagnosis over CAN (please see note above regarding DoIP).
XENTRY Pass Thru EU does not support any model series and model designations other than those specified above. If you require the full scope of diagnosis for all model series and model designations, we refer you to our standard diagnosis solution XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 4.
In general, a XENTRY Pass Thru EU contract is valid for one year – – but a maximum validity of three years is possible (two timely contract extensions are required). If a contract has expired and is no longer renewable, a new order must be completed.